Pages

Friday 20 July 2012

Olympics

Hello, and welcome to this edition of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Today, I’m going to be telling you all about the rings, and how this great event began.  I know that you can’t phone in to my broadcast, but you can leave your thoughts in a comment.  Without further ado, Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you... “The Rings!



These babies come in all shapes and sizes well, only circles really. Africa, America, Europe, Oceania and wait for it Asia are all representatives of the five rings.The interlocking means bringing the countries together which is called “ The Olympic movement”. 

Have you ever wondered how the Olympics started? well here it is folks.The first Olympic Games were held in Olympia Greece in 776 BC which means 776 years before Jesus was born. At that time the games were played in the honour of the  Greek gods and after the great festival.

So ladies and gentlemen I’ m sorry but this is the last of my broadcast stay tuned for more news from the OLYMPICS
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.